8 x 14 x 3cm
This item is handcrafted from sustainable wood using traditional techniques and therefore the item that you receive may differ from the photo shown.
A company passionate about fair trade and committed to adhering to its principles since 1988. As ethical trade is very important to us, we only buy from factories or co-operatives that we have visited in person, in order to ensure that all our suppliers meet our fair trade criteria.
These principles are
- No child labour
- Equality in the work place, ensuring both men and women receive fair and equal wages.
- Safe working conditions, regular breaks and paid holidays, religious freedom and hourly wages.
- Development of skills and new ideas, using traditional methods to western standards.
- To pay the price the supplier needs and not to haggle for a cheaper price.
- To pay up front for all or goods including a minimum of 40% deposit with initial order.
- To encourage respect for environment and to stop pollution and promote organic and sustainable produce.
- To maintain long term relationships with our suppliers, giving them confidence to make improvements and investments